Fitness Friday: Holiday Baking, Vet Visit & My Huge Weekend Project


Saturday: T25 Speed 2.1 + 1 mile runSunday: REST Monday: Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Tuesday: 2.5 mile run (my farthest postpartum run!) Wednesday: REST Thursday: Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 + 1.5 mile run Friday: T25 Core Speed + Run/Walk

Workouts this week were pretty good. I'm three months postpartum this weekend and really feel 100% back to normal. I still have a long way to go before I have a double digit run, but overall I'm so happy with how things are going physically.

Days that I don't run any errands I usually have enough time for two quick workouts. The only time I exercise is right after feeding my son. That's when he's happiest and will let me sit him down in his rock-n-play or propped up on the boopy and watch me workout. I can get anywhere from 20-30 minutes before he starts to fuss. I'm planning on doing a "day in the life" post soon now that I'm in a good rhythm with him during the day.

This week I started back on my "salad and shake a day" kick. I've gone WAY overboard on sugar (more on that in a moment) so I'm trying to balance things out and start eating better. I'll make a protein shake and fill it with fruit to get my fruits in, and a massive salad for lunch or dinner with veggies and protein. This burrito bowl is my current favorite, and I definitely drizzle some buffalo ranch dressing over it before eating!

burrito bowl So that whole sugar issue ....

It started off with the best intentions. I spent a small fortune on ingredients to make a ton of fudge to mail to our families and some treats for Travis to take into work. I started off with this Nutella cheesecake that I had made before and knew it would turn out well. Nutella cheesecake Then I moved onto this cookies and cream fudge. Words are inadequate to describe how amazing it was! Total success. oreo fudge Then I made chocolate fudge using the recipe my mom always used when we were growing up. It tastes great, but never really firmed up. Same thing happened with the chocolate chip cookie dough fudge I made.

So, Travis ate all the cookie dough fudge, and we sent the chocolate into his work with hopes the subzero temps would help it stay okay. By then we had so little left to mail out I just had Travis take the rest into work. Bah humbug. At least we have a ton of cute tins to fill up and mail out next year! Fudge It's probably for the best. These are the two boxes we mailed out to our families. One in Florida, one in Ohio.

NINETY freaking dollars.

I told Mom everyone should just expect gift cards next year.

Christmas boxes Last weekend we went to a work party for Travis. Each company decorated a tree and his company made one from beer bottles. Beer tree I had my first appointment with a military doctor and let's just say the whole experience left much to be desired. I just needed routine blood work to get my thyroid prescription refilled and it was 10x more complicated than it needed to be.

When I came out of the appointment I got the biggest smile from little man so I was immediately happy again.

The military fun continued when we took Rudy to the vet on post Wednesday. We wanted blood work drawn on him just because he's 12 years old and looks like he's aged significantly since arriving in Alaska. The vet had the ability to run the blood in house and get the results in 20 minutes so we opted to wait in the exam room. An HOUR later (and one nursing session for a very crabby baby) she came back and said everything looks pretty good but some of his kidney leavers were slightly elevated so we are going to try to get a urine sample on him to drop off next week. rudy This weekend marks the beginning of three weeks off for Travis so I'm looking forward to finally organizing the last room in our house; the office/gym. I'm trying to consolidate all of our office supplies and art/craft materials to the closet. office disasterWe are also hoping to make a short trip out of town to finally do some exploring. It really doesn't feel like I live in Alaska because all I do is work from home, and run errands like I would in any city! I can't wait for the weather to get warmer, and for the sun to come back out again. It's currently light out from about 10 am to 3:30 pm. Just to think - in a few months it will be light out 20 hours a day. Alaska ... You so silly.

Would you love light, or dark, for 20 hours a day?

What are you doing this weekend?