- I ran a freaking half marathon on Saturday. It was unofficial, and I'm used to running 10-12 on the weekends, but it did take a lot out of me. Plus, I had a slightly pulled muscle in my right leg so I stayed off of it totally on Sunday and Monday and only ran 1 mile this week. I also have a 10k race tomorrow I wanted to be totally 'recovered' for!
- I've been feeling like I'm on the cusp of getting sick all week. Low energy, lethargic and teeny tiny bit of throat pain. Honestly, it could just be psychosomatic due to stress. I cannot wait for Spring Break next week. I'm pretty burned out right now and need a break! Whatever the reason, I listened to my body screaming at me to take it easy.
- I was running in 60 degree weather last week in the mornings and now it's been in the low 40's again. I know, I know, you guys up North just literally laughed out loud at me complaining about 40 degree weather. I can't help that is just what happens when you live in Florida your whole life!
- Spring Forward can kiss my ass. I already wake up every day at 5:30 so my body was not happy feeling like it was getting up at 4:30. I'm so regimented about what times I eat and sleep that the slightest tweak in that schedule can really throw me off. I've taken a 20-30 minute nap in the early afternoon most days this week and I've been waking up tired since Monday. I'm hoping a nice relaxing weekend with lots of sleep will help things go better for me next week!
My first official half marathon is in just under a month. I'm going to spend some time this weekend coming up with an exercise plan for the month that I'll try to have ready to share with you all on Monday. I know a lot of you really enjoy these posts on Friday seeing what I did to workout that week, so I'm hoping you'll be interested in seeing a month-long version. Plus, it will keep me accountable for sticking to the plan if I 'announce' it on here!
Also starting Monday?
Round 3 of my DietBet!
The game is addicting – in the best way possible. Here is the original post I did explaining it and the general concept is this: you pay $20 to join the bet, and whoever can lose 4% of their weight in one month splits the money at the end. The winners of the last round invested $20 and got back almost $40!
- 85% of participants lose 4.5 lbs on average (My first round had over 100 participants and the average loss was over 5 pounds each!)
- 5x more likely to succeed in your weight loss goals!
- People who announce their goals are 10x more likely to stick with them.
- Everyone who loses 4% of their weight wins! All winners will split the pot at the end.
- You make money for losing weight. Seriously.
It will start on Monday and it's a great way to lose weight, make money and just have a fun time getting healthy. Sign up for Round 3 here!
Finally, My first two articles are up with the new blog I'm working with! Please check them out and let me know what you think:
What are your plans for the weekend?