If you’ve read my bio before than you know that I am a certified Intuitive Eating counselor. As passionate as I am about the ideas presented in the book I haven’t discussed them much on here and I hope to change that and start writing at least 1-2 articles a month on the principles of the program. I wanted to start off with a video intro to the program and a discussion on the symptoms of ‘diet backlash’. If you find yourself identifying with any of the symptoms then Intuitive Eating may be something that you could benefit from.
Symptoms of Diet Backlash:
– The mere contemplation of going on a diet brings on urges and cravings for ‘sinful’ foods
– Upon ending a diet, going on a food binge and feeling guilty
– Having little trust in self with food
– Feeling that you don’t deserve to eat
– Shortened diet duration
– The Last Supper mentality
– Social Withdrawal
– Sluggish Metabolism
– Using caffeine to survive the day
– Eating disorders
If any of those ring true for you then please try to find a copy of the book at your bookstore or you can order it off of Amazon by clicking on the photo below. I am so excited to finally start talking about this topic more as I know it hits home for so many women who have struggled with their weight and dieting.
Can you relate to any of the ‘diet backlash’ symptoms discussed in the video?
If you have experienced other negative effects from the ‘diet trap’ please share!